Remember the process of the peer coaching?
Self-coaching can be structured in the same way!
Summary – Peer Coaching concept I structure:
- Phase 1: Problem & situation
- Phase 2: Vision, resources
- Phase 3: Collecting resources
- Phase 4: Setting goals
- Phase 5: Solution & next steps
Guidline for EmployID Self-Coaching:
Phase 1: Problem & situation
- Which concern would you like to work on?
- How would you describe the actual problem curtly and bold?
- What have you tried so far to solve the problem?
- How far are other persons concerned by the problem situation?
- Can you feel the problem physically or spring suitable pictures or metaphors to your mind?
- If your problem is solved optimal, how will you recognize it?
Phase 2: Vision, resources
- Imagine you’re on holiday and your problem has been solved overnight. What happened to solve your problem?
- How do you feel now that the problem is solved?
- Can you feel anything physically after the problem is solved? What do you feel?
- Which thoughts are running through your mind now that the problem is solved?
Phase 3: Collecting resources
- What helped you in past resembling situations?
- Fill you resource wheel with resources that could help you in the current situation.
- Think of internal resources such as strengths, values, capabilities.
- Think of external resources such as other persons, communities, tools.
Phase 4: Setting goals
- How will you recognize in your actual situation that the problem has been solved?
- Which goals can you derive for your concern?
- To which part of my concern refers the goal?
- How can I notice that I have reached my goal?
- How attractive and challenging is reaching the goal for myself?
- How realistic is my goal?
- Till when is the goal to be reached?
Phase 4: Solution & next steps
- How can you put your goal/ goals into practice?
- What are possible steps?
Now, you can start your Self-Coaching right away!
One step futher: Receiving feedback!
If you want you can improve your Self-Coaching process by getting others involved in giving you feedback just like in the peer coaching.
In Phase 3 ask others (collagues, friends, family) about what they think are your internal and external resources. You can also take the resource heel as help.
After clearifing the goal, you can ask others (collagues, friends, family, even strangers) on their ideas for solutions and next steps.